Mira Lane, Partner Director of Ethics and Society for Cloud and AI at Microsoft will lead a workshop in applying values frameworks to the development of AI applications. Mira will provide a snapshot of the current landscape regarding responsible AI design and deployment. Then, as a case study workshop, she will apply her values framework methodologies to the AI tutor application being developed by the AI institute @ Iliff. We will then have a large group discussion about the importance of trust-based practices in the whole lifecycle of AI development. We will explore questions such as:
- How do we identify potential unintended consequences in AI deployment?
- What do user centered approaches to AI design look like?
- How can we increase transparency in AI development?
For more information about Mira’s approach to responsible AI design and development, see these discussions:
- Human Centered Design with Mira Lane – This Week in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- AI4ALL Interview – Role Models in AI:Mira Lane
Special thanks to InTrust Center for Theological Schools for helping sponsor this event.
Date(s) - 09/13/2019
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm